Subject: Re: tester needed: auich and 1.6 branch
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Post <apost@recalcitrant.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/2004 02:02:59
In article <wnhad3zf67j.fsf@phantom.labri.fr>, Aymeric Vincent wrote:

> TAMURA Kent <kent2004?@hauN.org> writes:
>
>> I ported new devices support of -current auich to NetBSD 1.6
>> branch.  I'd like to know whether it works.  New supported
>> devices are ICH4, ICH5, nForce, nForce2, nForce3, SiS 7012, AMD
>> 768, and AMD 8111.  4ch/6ch playback is not ported.
>>
>> To test the driver, download the following files, copy them to
>> src/sys/dev/pci/, rebuild a kernel, install and reboot.
>>

> - I think we shouldn't call audio_attach_mi(). This attachment has to
>   be specified in the kernel config file. With my config file, I ended
>   up having audio0 and audio1 attached to the same chip.

I tried this on a 82801EB_AC, including Aymeric's removal of the extra
attach call.  Otherwise, the system is running 1.6.2_RC4.

Sound plays nicely, once I figured out which of the jacks to plug my
headphones into.  There are a total of five jacks coming out of the
mobo!

Thanks making this work.

  Alan

--
auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801EB (ICH5) AC-97 Audio
auich0: interrupting at irq 5