Subject: Mounting as read-write
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Nick Vanderweit <nickv_111@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/2004 19:24:33
Hi! I just installed NetBSD on a friend's computer,
and I was wondering how you could make it so that
anyone could mount fd0a, and how they could all have
read-write access WITHOUT accessing root. I am more
focussed on the second part, but if there was a way to
do both, it would be best. I already added the line in
/etc/fstab, but if one of the users who doesn't have
access to root wants to mount and edit... I was
thinking of using a script that runs using SUID root,
but it seems insecure. So, how could I make it so a
user could mount and edit a device without being root?