Subject: Re: Does CrossOver Office really work ?
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
From: Marcello Balduccini <marcello.balduccini@ttu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/19/2004 22:06:25
> With NetBSD-1.6.0 and wine-20021007, I was able to run crossover office
> (sort of).  Basically I installed CrossOver office on a SuSE Linux
> desktop, and then copied my "fake_windows", "*.reg", "win.ini", and
> config to my NetBSD desktop, and it worked with the native NetBSD wine.
> I had Microsoft Office 2000 & Visio 2000 working on with a NetBSD wine
> binary and the CrossOver office files.

I finally got Office working. The problem is with the emulation of
privileged instructions in wine. It was removed before the release of the
October 2003 version -- exactly the version that I was running. I
installed the September 2003 version and now Office is working very well.
(The November 2003 release might work, but I didn't have time to try it
yet.)

Thanks !!!
Marcello