Subject: Re: Problems and Bugs encoutered on Armada 1110
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/10/2004 21:08:23
--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

Sascha Wilde wrote:
> The first Problem is about the pci and/or pciide driver.  The latest
> Version I hat running without problems is NetBSD 1.4.2.  (I'm not sure
> if 1.4.3 worked):

[problem description]

> When reporting, would this be a "kern" or a "port-i386" bug?

Although, the problem can be fixed by using isa(4) instead of pci(4)
in the kernel config, the problem itself doesn't look strictly i386.
I'd submit a kern bug.
=20
> By diging in the maillinglist archives I found out that by setting:
>=20
> options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOBASE=3D0x0400
> options         PCIC_ISA_ALLOC_IOSIZE=3D0x00ff
=20
> The problem I see here, is that the information is really hard to find
> (its mentioned in the sys/dev/isa/i82365_isasubr.c sourcefile, but in
> the i386 GENERIC* configuration files these options are missing and
> the pcic(4) manpage doesn't give any hints either.

It's in pcmcia(4) (which is referenced by pcic(4)) and also in options(4),
at least in -current that is. If it's a FAQ it should be in the FAQs. ;-)
If it's just one of the other trillion problems you can stumble upon
but find a solution by reading all relevant manpages or with google,
then it's probably not a very good idea to put it into the FAQ because
FAQs don't scale well that way.

--=20
Christian

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G