Subject: Re: Endless trouble with ISA NICs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/2004 11:35:47
--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 09:50:07AM +0100, Sascha Wilde wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:46:07PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> > Sascha Wilde wrote:
> > > I'll give it a try, but afaik the card doesn't support pnp.  (The
> > > EtherExpess PRO/10 does, but I think NetBSD doesn
> > > t support PnP for that...).
> >=20
> > IIRC EtherExpress PRO/10 is not supported at all.=20
>=20
> Well, the EtherExpress PRO/10 _is_ supported by the iy driver.  But in
> fact, by digging some more in the mailinglist archive, I found out
> that there is a slight difference between the EtherExpress PRO/10 ISA
> Card and the EtherExpress PRO/10+ ISA card, from that I own the later,
> which is indeed not supported by the NetBSD iy driver...  :-(

>=20
> But it _is_ supported by the freebsd iy driver (I had the very same
> card up and running with that one) -- so someone more capable of
> driver hacking than me might want to have a look at it...

oh... then if I ever have some spare time, and remember, I'll have a look.
If it is indeed supposed to cover the same chip family.

Are you sure the "EtherExpress PRO/10" is the same as the "EtherExpress PRO=
"?
I am not. Can you name the chips are on the board, please?

Regards,
	-is

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--