Subject: Re: Did you ever find the source of the "sleep sleeps forever" problem?
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2004 19:37:55
On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 06:22:23PM -0500, John F. Woods wrote:
> I have been seeing what is apparently the exact same symptom (in a program
> I wrote) running on an i386, NetBSD 1.6F.  In searching around for similar
> reports, I found your message on the sparc64 mailing list, so I wondered
> if you had found the source of the problem you were seeing.  (If not, it
> doesn't appear to be sparc or 64-bit specific, since I'm seeing it on a
> plain Pentium system.)

I never found the source of the problem, but it hasn't happened again since
that one time. Does just plain sleep(1) sleep forever (in nanosleep?) That's
the problem I was seeing. If it is the same problem as the sparc64 sleep
sleeps forever bug, that'd be interesting, because I've never seen it happen
on any NetBSD/i386 system. Although, I didn't stay at 1.6F for very long,
and didn't even have my Ultra5 when 1.6F was -current.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!