Subject: Re: Endless trouble with ISA NICs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/05/2004 09:50:07
--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 01:46:07PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Sascha Wilde wrote:
> > I'll give it a try, but afaik the card doesn't support pnp.  (The
> > EtherExpess PRO/10 does, but I think NetBSD doesn
> > t support PnP for that...).
>=20
> IIRC EtherExpress PRO/10 is not supported at all.=20

Well, the EtherExpress PRO/10 _is_ supported by the iy driver.  But in
fact, by digging some more in the mailinglist archive, I found out
that there is a slight difference between the EtherExpress PRO/10 ISA
Card and the EtherExpress PRO/10+ ISA card, from that I own the later,
which is indeed not supported by the NetBSD iy driver...  :-(

But it _is_ supported by the freebsd iy driver (I had the very same
card up and running with that one) -- so someone more capable of
driver hacking than me might want to have a look at it...

> Just to make sure, is there any 'PnP OS intalled' or 'Used
> operating system' setting in the BIOS? It has to be 'no'
> or 'Other' for PCI devices to be fully configured by BIOS.

Yes, I set that to "No" anyway.

cheers
--=20
Sascha Wilde
We're Germans and we use Unix. That's a combination of two=20
demographic groups known to have no sense of humour whatsoever.
  -- Hanno Mueller in de.comp.os.unix.programming

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--