Subject: Re: Endless trouble with ISA NICs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2004 13:16:59
--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 12:56:12PM +0100, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> Another suggestion might be to try to use isapnp mode of the
> cards, i.e. have only
>=20
> isapnp0		at isa?
> ne*	at isapnp?

I'll give it a try, but afaik the card doesn't support pnp.  (The
EtherExpess PRO/10 does, but I think NetBSD doesn
t support PnP for that...).
=20
> I recently experienced couple of ep (3Com EtherLink III) ISA
> cards which only worked when configured via isapnp, so maybe
> it would help you too. Same for the sound card, it should
> be configured via isapnp too.

Please read carefully what I wrote, the soundcard is PCI, which makes
the bad interaction with the 3Com NIC even more strange to me...

Btw. I noticed I havn't mentioned it yet: this is all about NetBSD
1.6.1.

cheers
sascha
--=20
Sascha Wilde
=2E.. mein Opa [...]  w=FCrde an dieser Stelle zu Dir sagen: Junge, such Di=
r=20
ne Frau, bau Dir ein Haus, mach ein Kind und la=DF' die Finger von dem Zeug,
das Du gerade machst. -- Michael Winklhofer in d.a.e.auktionshaeuser

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW--