Subject: Re: Endless trouble with ISA NICs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2004 12:56:12
der Mouse wrote:
> Actually, I've seen network cards sort-of-work even with their IRQ
> values wrong; typically, received packets won't be noticed until it
> transmits another packet - but if the network is busy, this can look
> like "working" for a while.
>
> But if you've fixed the IRQ, then I'm out of ideas.

Another suggestion might be to try to use isapnp mode of the
cards, i.e. have only

isapnp0		at isa?
ne*	at isapnp?

in kernel config and comment out the 'neX at isa? ...' stuff.

I recently experienced couple of ep (3Com EtherLink III) ISA
cards which only worked when configured via isapnp, so maybe
it would help you too. Same for the sound card, it should
be configured via isapnp too.

Jaromir
-=- We should be mindful of the potential goal, but as the Buddhist -=-
-=- masters say, ``You may notice during meditation that you        -=-
-=- sometimes levitate or glow.   Do not let this distract you.''   -=-