Subject: Re: Endless trouble with ISA NICs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2004 11:17:58
--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 07:27:11PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> > [...trouble with network cards...]
>=20
> > 1. An NE2000 clone (no idea what Manufactor):  Unfortunatly its IRQ
> >    is set to 3 and [appears unchangeable].
>=20
> Did you try building a kernel with the irq changed on the relevant
> line?  Probably something like changing=20
>=20
> ne0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 9
>
> to read "irq 3".  (Or use the ne1 line if the card showed up as ne1.)

Sure I did (otherwise the card wouldnt work at all) -- the ne2000
actualy works, fore a while.  But after some time using it the howl
system suddenly freezes.  Then the system hangs completely: no
reaction to nothing, only way out hardreset.  :-(

cheers
--=20
Sascha Wilde
"Gimme about 10 seconds to think for a minute..."

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--