Subject: Re: Where can I find sets splits?
To: Tao CHANG <changt@gmx.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/2004 00:02:57
On Saturday 03 January 2004 23:29, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a Thinkpad 755c at hand with 320M HD and 20M Mem. As there is only a
> 2.8/1.44 floppy driver, I though the most practical way of installing
> NetBSd is to use floppy disks. It's my first time to install the system
> from floppy. It seems that only 1.6.1 supports booting from 2.88 floppy
> (1.6 does not boot according to my test). But I do not know where the sets
> splits are. Can I make the splits by myself?

Yes, you can, but it is a PITA.  The 1.6.x installer contains the number of
chunks of each set hardcoded into it; you have to guess the right split size
for each set, and then write them to floppies.

HTH

PS: sysinst in -current handles this much better, IIRC.

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>