Subject: Re: how to make best use of dual-processor AMI 711 Titan II
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Felix Deichmann <f.dei@web.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/27/2003 22:47:01
Hi.

>> Recently accuired an American Megatrends 711 Rev. B1 Titan II with two
>> 133MHz Pentiums installed.  The physical dimensions and construction of
>> the case make it very appealing for use as a ipfilter/nat machine.
>>
>> Will I be able to make full use of the capacities (dual-processor) of this
>> machine with NetBSD 1.6.2?  I welcome any hints on what options for a custom
>
> Definitively not with 1.6.2. You need current for i386 SMP support.

I think a dual Pentium 133 needs Intel MP Spec Version 1.4, like my Siemens PCD-5T with dual P100. Last time I asked, there wasn't support for it in current. Frank van der Linden told me that it wouldn't be hard to do. Any progress?

Regards

Felix
UNICEF bringt Kriegskinder in die Schule - helfen Sie mit!
https://www.unicef.de/spe/spe_03.php