Subject: how to make best use of dual-processor AMI 711 Titan II
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/26/2003 20:04:55
Recently accuired an American Megatrends 711 Rev. B1 Titan II with two
133MHz Pentiums installed.  The physical dimensions and construction of
the case make it very appealing for use as a ipfilter/nat machine.

Will I be able to make full use of the capacities (dual-processor) of this
machine with NetBSD 1.6.2?  I welcome any hints on what options for a custom
kernel would give the best performance.  Also, 256MB of memory are supported,
but the L2 cache is only 256KB.  Would it be better to stop at 32MB of
memory, or put in all I've got up to 256MB?  Thanks.

--
henry nelson
 | day job: | http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/biorec/nehan/henken.html |