Subject: Re: ffs fsync double fault?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2003 14:09:07
Fri, Dec 19, 2003 at 08:56:35PM +0000, Christos Zoulas:
> In article <20031219205140.GQ11300@shrubbery.net>,
> john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net> wrote:
> >this is 1.6ZG (sources from just a day ago or so) w/ MPBIOS, MPACPI and
> >ACPI_PCI_FIXUP.  I'm not sure what to make of this panic; x86_send_ipi
> >takes only 2 arguments but 5 are listed.  what are the others? any clues?
>
> Heh, you should notice that all kernel functions have 5 arguments printed
> because the kernel is usually not compiled with -g, so there is no way to
> find out how many arguments a function takes. The kernel (ddb) prints the
> first 5 no matter what [this is particular to x86].

Thanks!  i thought they might be something like various useful pointers. :)

So, I guess I lose here, since I was not able to get a core and the actual
page is hidden in the structures passed up.

I'm actually a little skeptical that this box may have h/w problems.  It
had redhat on it, on which random processes were dumping core.