Subject: Re: GENERIC is absurdly big
To: Samuel Boivie <z@kdu.se>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2003 11:39:35
Thus spake Samuel Boivie ("SB> ") sometime Today...

SB> That'd be nice and very clean. Just like I want it. When my ps/2 keyboard
SB> has made it's last strokes (or more likely gets placed in a box somewhere
SB> before used elsewhere) my only problem will be to get that compile to work
SB> without isa support (I have tried, several times (with 1.6zg) but no
SB> success yet, any ideas?).

As long as you have any of your onboard COM, BPP, speaker or fdc being
used, as well as the math coprocessor, you will not be able to escape
having isa present.

My sticking points are lpt0 and NPX.  I could live without a floopy (in
fact, I'm about to rip mine out...).

				--*greywolf;
--
Solaris 2 is not an upgrade from Solaris 1.  They just want you to THINK it is.