Subject: Re: GENERIC is absurdly big
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Samuel Boivie <z@kdu.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/2003 16:10:42
Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com> writes:
>Another approach is to factor out lots of stuff into subfiles (for a
>bus, for normal devices on the bus, for extended devices on the bus).
>This would ease kernel compilation; I routinely strip configs to just
>what I have, but that's perhaps more work than it needs to be.
>
>Then GENERIC would really be a list of included pieces, easy to tweak,
>and easy to include new configs.

That'd be nice and very clean. Just like I want it. When my ps/2 keyboard
has made it's last strokes (or more likely gets placed in a box somewhere
before used elsewhere) my only problem will be to get that compile to work
without isa support (I have tried, several times (with 1.6zg) but no
success yet, any ideas?).

/ Samuel