Subject: Re: GENERIC is absurdly big
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/2003 09:52:55
--Apple-Mail-57--1026504760

On Dec 18, 2003, at 9:11 AM, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> We should keep one kernel that has it all.  I don't care
> what it's called, but it's convenient for several reasons.

Yah, I agree, a LINT kernel that has everything (including the stuff
that's currently commented out in GENERIC).

I would like for a lot of this to be compilable using M4.  Maybe I'll
cure some boredom over my holiday vacation with this little project
(though, this will be competing for time with VW junkyard picking ...
there *are* some advantages to going to Southern California once in a
while :-)

--Apple-Mail-57--1026504760
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit