Subject: auich driver support of Intel 82801DB AC97 Audio
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/2003 22:57:17
Greetings:

However, using NetBSD-current, on my JVC-Victor Interlink MP-XP7310 sub-
notebook, I get:

I don't seem to be able to get the NetBSD auich driver to work with the
Intel 82801DB AC97 audio on my JVC-Victor Interlink MP-XP7310 sub-
notebook,  Based on a previous post, I should get the following boot
messages for the audio chipset:

auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4M) AC-97 Audio
auich0: interrupting at irq 11
auich0: 20 bit precision support
auich0: Analog Devices AD1981B codec; headphone, 20 bit DAC, no 3D stereo
auich0: ext id 0601<PRIMARY,AC97_22,AMAP,34_78_69,VRA>
audio0 at auich0: full duplex, mmap, independent

However on my sub-notebook it fails with the following boot messages:

auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5: i82801DB/DBM (ICH4/ICH4M) AC-97 Audio
auich0: can't map codec i/o space

Could it be a problem with the interrupt allocation NetBSD is trying to
get on my laptop?  The reason why I say this, is that as a test I tried
to boot an OpenBSD current snapshot kernel, so see if their auich
driver might reveal some insight as to why the NetBSD driver fails.  The
typical OpenBSD boot message for my audio chipset should be:

auich0 at pci0 dev 31 function 5 "Intel 82801DB AC97 Audio" rev 0x01: irq 11, ICH4 AC97
ac97: codec id 0x41445374 (Analog Devices <74>)
ac97: codec features headphone, 20 bit DAC, No 3D Stereo
audio0 at auich0
auich0: measured ac97 link rate at 48018 Hz, will use 48000 Hz

However on my sub-notebook it fails with the following boot messages:

auich0 at pci0 function 5 "Intel 82801DB AC97 Audio" rev 0x03
        pci_intr_map: no mapping for pin B: can't map interrupt

Any suggestions as to why the NetBSD auich driver fails on my sub-
notebook?  Could it be that the ACPI driver is suppose to provide the
auich driver with the proper IRQ?  Any ideas as to how to fix this
problem?

Thanks in advance.
Alicia.