Subject: Re: powerdown system
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/2003 20:15:25
--aVD9QWMuhilNxW9f

Matthias Scheler wrote:
> As you can see the kernel will not attempt to use APM if ACPI is active.
> Try "dmesg | grep apm0" and you'll see that the APM driver wasn't used.

True that.
=20
> > I've just compiled a kernel with APM plus ACPI support and finally rebo=
ot
> > works again.

> That is most likely a coincidence.

Just to be sure - as I compared a kernel from some weeks ago with an=20
up-to-date one - I've recompiled a kernel from exactly the same sources
and the same kernel config with the exception of "apm0". Now, a=20
"shutdown -r now" does not work. So, at least, it's a reliable coincident
and I'll stick to ACPI+APM.

--=20
Christian

--aVD9QWMuhilNxW9f