Subject: Re: New Centrino laptop can't boot current
To: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@engine.ca>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/2003 03:12:40
	If you have a working base system, you can modify
INSTALL_LAPTOP and GENERIC_LAPTOP and build.sh relase, then make an
bootable ISO out of $RELDIR

It took me about 10 tries to get a working INSTALL_LAPTOP for my Sony
Vaio (ACPI dependant).

options         ACPI_PCI_FIXUP          # PCI interrupt routing via
ACPI
options         ACPI_ACTIVATE_DEV       # If set, activate inactive
devices

# Configure PCI using BIOS information
options         PCIBIOS                 # PCI BIOS support
#options        PCIBIOSVERBOSE          # PCI BIOS verbose info
options         PCIBIOS_ADDR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI I/O addresses
options         PCIBIOS_BUS_FIXUP       # fixup PCI bus numbering
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_FIXUP      # fixup PCI interrupt routing
#options        PCIBIOS_IRQS_HINT=0x0a00 # PCI interrupts hint. IRQ 9
or 11
options         PCIBIOS_INTR_GUESS      # see pcibios(4)
#options        PCIINTR_DEBUG           # super-verbose PCI interrupt
fixup

-lava