Subject: Re: powerdown system
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/13/2003 19:55:39
--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

[ Please, don't use fullquoting and reply only to the list unless it's
 appropriate to reply to individuals. Thanks. ]

Yasir Malik wrote:
> Excuse me for my lack of knowledge, but do I have to recompile my kernel
> to use APM?

Yes.

> When I do recompile my kernel, will there be file to set the
> configuration options mentioned in apm(4)?

Those are kernel configuration options which means they can only be
set during compile-time. You put those into the kernel configuration
file. Look into GENERIC, most options should already be in there.
Don't modify it though, copy it to something else modify the copy=20
for your purposes and use it for compiling your kernel.

> Also, there is no option to turn the power off.

Because that's the default. If you use shutdown -p and your APM
chipset isn't broken, your system will shut down and power off.

--=20
Christian

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--