Subject: Re: powerdown system
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/13/2003 10:48:54
My system does not powerdown when I do shutdown -p now.  It just halts,
which is what the man page for shutdown says it should do if the system
isn't configured for software powerdown.  After I reboot, fsck does not
run.  However when I manually turn off the system after logging off, fsck
does run.  Nothing unexpected, but very annoying.  How can I get around
this?
Thanks,
Yasir