Subject: Re: i845 graphics
To: ML <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/11/2003 20:05:43
On 12/03/03 05:15:09, ML wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just ported the patch for i845 integrated graphics controllers that
> allows to use more than 1MB framebuffer in XFree86 to Net- and
> FreeBSD. The original behaviour ( and it's weirdnesses ) should be
> retained.

I thought XFree86 4.3.x i810(4) had a VideoRam option?

"       The Intel 8xx family of integrated graphics chipsets has a
unified mem- ory  architecture  and  uses system memory for video ram.
By default 8        Please  refer to XF86Config(5) for general
configuration details.  This        section only covers configuration
details specific to this driver.        The Intel 8xx family of
integrated graphics chipsets has a unified mem-        ory
architecture  and  uses system memory for video ram.  By default 8
Megabytes of system memory are used for graphics.   For  the  830M  and
later,  the  default  is  8  Megabytes  when  DRI is not enabled and 32
Megabytes with DRI is enabled.  This amount may  be  changed  with  the
VideoRam entry in the config file Device section.  It may be set to any
reasonable value up to 64MB for  older  chipsets  or  128MB  for  newer
chipets.   Note  that  increasing  this value will reduce the amount of
system memory available for other applications. "