Subject: Re: Lucent Wavelan Silver Configuration Problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG, christianbiere@gmx.de>
From: JS <oghistorian@yahoo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/2003 07:04:43
Hi Simas and Christian,

--- Simas Mockevicius <symka@netbsd.vejas.lt> wrote:

> As far as I can remember You still need winblowz
> box, and those with win98,
> maybe I;m not right,
> but when I was upgrading my lucent on w2k that tool
> does'nt work.

Thanks for letting me know.  I was thinking it needed
a windows machine, but wasn't sure.  Also, do you know
where I can download the app to update the firmware?
I have checked the www.proxim.com site and couldn't
find it.

--- Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de> wrote:

> Often these are just DOS tools and the
> self-extracting exe files contain
> zips which can be unzipped with just any zip around.
> At least I've
> successfully updated my mobo BIOS under FreeDOS
> (freedos.org) with
> the AMI flash tool.

Hmm, so does this mean that I could just make some
FreeDOS boot floppies, boot onto the floppies, switch
the floppies with the one containing the update, and
install it from there, even without having to install
windows?  I guess I also could just unzip the file on
one of my windows machines and burn to a cd and
transfer it over to the NetBSD box.

Thanks again for the help!

J Silverman