Subject: Re: Lucent Wavelan Silver Configuration Problems
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/2003 01:22:25
--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

Aidan Kehoe wrote:
>  > Abarguryrff, vg'f n sevxxva funzr gung iraqbef rira *qner* gb bssre hc=
qngrf
>  > nf Jvafhpxf-bayl irefvba. Gurer pna'g or gung znal qhyy crbcyr, pna gu=
rer?!

> Meh, makes their lives easier, I can't blame them for that. Or are you
> suggesting they should ship their updates on freedos floppies?=20

Ok, how many of them can bake a boot floppy? Who reads dialogs anyway?
Who bails out at the first unexpected popup? Do you really think it's
acceptable having to buy a license for an OS you never wanted or needed
just to update your hardware's firmware. Actually, I pay as much as
*them* and I do *NOT* any shiny GUI just to show me another useless
progress bar indicating how much time I'm just wasting. Not to mention
that GUIs don't help anyone: Those who didn't understand before won't
get any wiser by dumb (and often mistranslated) tooltip and those
who have skills are robbed their most useful variable tool the shell
that is being forced to watch and suffer with their hand strapped
on the back.

Oh and BTW, what's the problem with with FreeDOS boot floppies? Under
CrapOS you have to reboot for any cursor movement anyway.

--=20
Christian

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--