Subject: Re: 120GB HD
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Sergio Jimenez <tripledes@eslack.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/21/2003 10:44:50
--=.Ndhl.)w0hwu'E4

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:36:20 +0100
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 03:12:48AM +0000, Sergio Jimenez wrote:
> > On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 19:31:07 +0100
> > Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> > > OK, thanks.
> > > Looks like the drive fails to become ready after reset; maybe we don't
> > > wait long enouth.
> > > Can you try the attached patch ?
> > > If it doesn't help, maybe try to increase the delay again.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
> > >      NetBSD: 23 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> > > --
> > >

> > I've increased the delay to "11000, 15000, 20000 and 40000" (like you can see in the patch) and nothing happens. In addition, I've changed the disk from cmdide to viaide (channel 1 drive 0), nothing.
>
> Hum, so it looks like this drive will never assert DRDY by itself.
>
> > I've attached the patch and dmesg.boot with "wdcdebug_mask" to "0x10". For more info I've just booted an OpenBSD-3.4-current and the disk is detected without problems. Sorry I don't know how I could help. :\
>
> It can.
> It seems openbsd issue a dummy command before waiting for DRDY.
> Can you try the attached patch ?
>
> --
> Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
>      NetBSD: 24 ans d'experience feront toujours la difference
> --

Hmmm, after the patch was applied, the system didn't boot anymore, it stopped at:

...Raidframe....
...vinum....
...IPSec....
...Stop.... (I waited for 5min)

IIRC that's the point where the kernel detects the disks right? Sorry. :( Can I do anything else ?

--
"If u disagree with the system, stop cracking the world...simply use BSD"

			-- Sergio Jimenez <TripleDES@eSlack.org>

--=.Ndhl.)w0hwu'E4

--=.Ndhl.)w0hwu'E4--