Subject: Re: Adding opencrypto, crypto acceelerator to GENERIC kernels?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/19/2003 14:15:34
On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 04:07:23PM -0800, Jonathan Stone wrote:
> I added stanzas for opencrypto and hardware crypto accelerators to the
> i386 GENERIC config. (Besides the PCI devices we have, FreeBSD
> supports one more PCI device, and I know of at least one pc-card
> accelerator with open-source drivers.)

Could you recommend PCI devices for the clueless geeks like me? And
which is that pc-card device you mentioned?

I don't realy need accelerated crypto, but I'm curious how it works
on sparc64 (if it works there, it'll probably work everywhere).

And I'd like to see a sparc station 2 (sparc v7 w/o hardware
multiply/division) use a pc-card crypto accelerator. Assuming there are
no sbus crypto accelerator card available.

Martin