Subject: Re: More 1.6.1 strangeness
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/18/2003 19:51:50
>> If I [...] "boot -s", it comes up and the keyboard works.  But if I
>> [...] "boot -as" and let all the values default (just pressing
>> RETURN at each of the prompts), the keyboard is dead [...].
> I've never seen this with any other of my machines that runs NetBSD,
> though (i386, macppc, sparc).  Perhaps it's a pckbc(4) problem?

That's the first thing I'll look at, once I've figured out how to build
a new kernel under the new world order.  My private patch tree
contains, among others,

src/sys/dev/ic/pckbc.c
	Increase KBD_DELAY.  This seems to be necessary on at least
	some hardware.  The value chosen may be overkill....

and I note that KBD_DELAY in the 1.6.1 source tree is still the same as
in the base tree my patches are for.  So the first thing I'll try is to
use my increased KBD_DELAY....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign