Subject: HP (Qompaq nx9005) notebook install cd not works with bootbig.fs image
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Simas Mockevicius <symka@netbsd.vejas.lt>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/14/2003 14:34:38
Hi,

recently I bought a new HP Notebook (Qompaq nx9005 2.4Athlon/256ddr/cd-
rw/dvd combo/64 mb video).
Neither NetBSD 1.6.1 neither (-current 1.6EZ) doesnt boot when I make
bootable cd (or flopies)
with bootbig.fs image, but when I've burned bootable iso with bootlap-
big.fs te installation went succesfull. In a few days I will send the
output of debuger. but as far as I remeber it fails booting near "pcic0" or
something. So if someone needs to install, make CD with the bootlap-big.fs
image. :)

With the -current NetBSD finds almost all HW (lan/wireless lan which is
integrated/video card Radeon IGP 320/firewire) but not Acer Labs apm :-(.
any suggestion about apm?

Sincerely,
Simas Mockevicius.