Subject: Re: windows drivers on netbsd?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Krister Walfridsson <cato@df.lth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/08/2003 23:54:34
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, der Mouse wrote:

> Well, I have a USB device that is supposed to be a PlayStation
> controller interface.  But when I plug it into my machine, the USB code
> gets upset:
>
> Nov  7 12:30:13 Truly-Delicious /netbsd: usbd_new_device: addr=2, getting full desc failed
> Nov  7 12:30:13 Truly-Delicious /netbsd: uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=IOERROR
> Nov  7 12:30:13 Truly-Delicious /netbsd: uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2
>
> I dug into the code and concluded that this meant it didn't follow the
> spec, meaning there's little hope of making it work without the
> provided (Windows-only, of course) driver.

How deep did you dig in the code?

The error message looks like the kernel couldn't read the device
descriptor.  This is a really fundemental part of the USB, so it
is not just that the device has a non-standard interface...

So it might be that device is just buggy and need a quirk, or
(IMHO more likely) that there is some bug in our USB code.
Charles fixed some similar lossage recently.  Have you tried
after those changes?

   /Krister