Subject: Re: Driver for Enhanced SpeedStep
To: Michael Eriksson <mer@klockrike.net>
From: Ducrot Bruno <bsd@poupinou.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/03/2003 12:24:40
On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 11:25:37PM +0100, Michael Eriksson wrote:
> Tjupp!
>
> I have written a driver for Intel's new CPU frequency control
> mechanism, Enhanced SpeedStep (EST), which is used in Pentium M
> processors.
>
> I have appended the patches, and welcome any feedback. The patches are
> against 1.6X, but I think they should apply easily to the latest
> -current.

I will be happy to design for the NetBSD project a generic framework
for that kind of stuff.  By now, I have not found time for, but if
someone can send me good advice on how to start (I am a complete
newbie for writing stuff to NetBSD kernel), I will be glad
to hear for something.

Cheers,

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.