Subject: Re: config ROM
To: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
From: Rishabh Kumar Goel <rishabh@soc-soft.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/30/2003 20:31:17
i guess i did not explain my problem properly to u. I m getting Too many RQpkt
for the same TLABEL. and i want to know how can this happen? This will also
be able to figure out why we get infinite BUSREST and SELFIDCOMPLETE
interrupts.  According to me we should get only one RQpkt? For the same code
this is happening only on my new disk the other disk is woking smoothly with
this patch.

Also the Request tx complete (fwohci_at_done) should be called more frquently
as the control comes to this function only after the config read is complete,
which leads to utilization of too many descriptors.

I believe this problem can be taken care if we have only one isr that does the
job of fwohci_event_thread and the function to be called are called as tasks,
the way u implemented with fwnode.

In case of my new HDD, i fall short of the descriptors, and hence i have to
increase the value of

fwohcivar.h
#define	OHCI_BUF_ATRQ_CNT	(8*8*8) from 8*8.
The way isr is written i believe this is what is thought of but its not
happening. I believe that is the idea behind in completing ReqTxComplete and
RespTxComplete functions before RQpkt and RSpkt.

--
Regards,
Rishabh Kumar Goel

Scanned by SecureSynergy VirusScreen Service.
For more information log on to : http://www.securesynergyonline.com or http://www.securesynergy.com