Subject: Re: How to run OpenBSD binaries under NetBSD?
To: Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger@dvz.fh-giessen.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/2003 16:49:11
Oliver Egginger wrote:
> we are using i386 architectures. Is it possible to run programs, which
> are compiled for OpenBSD, under NetBSD (if they are compiled for i386)?

There is no support for running OpenBSD binaries under NetBSD.

> Stupidly this tool only exists for OpenBSD. It's an ELF binary.

According to
	http://www.generex.de/e/download-online/rccmd/download.html

it is available for others unices too. Are you sure you use
OpenBSD variant? It's not listed as supported OS there.
You can use 'file rccmd' to identify the binary.

> I'am using the binary distribution of NetBSD 1.6.1 on an i386
> architecture. Also the rccmd tool was compiled and linked for i386er
> architectures and OpenBSD (according to the manufacturers'
> instructions).

It would be best to try to get a Linux binary probably,
if it's possible.

Jaromir