Subject: How to run OpenBSD binaries under NetBSD?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger@dvz.fh-giessen.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/21/2003 14:56:54
Hello,

we are using i386 architectures. Is it possible to run programs, which
are compiled for OpenBSD, under NetBSD (if they are compiled for i386)?
I try to execute an usv-client for an automatic shutdown during a
blackout. The tool is called rccmd (Effekta). Here is the error message:

./rccmd: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.

Stupidly this tool only exists for OpenBSD. It's an ELF binary.
I'am using the binary distribution of NetBSD 1.6.1 on an i386
architecture. Also the rccmd tool was compiled and linked for i386er
architectures and OpenBSD (according to the manufacturers'
instructions).

Every hint would be appreciated.

- oliver