Subject: Re: Computer hangs after reading the install floppies
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ramon Andinach <custard@westnet.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/13/2003 19:06:09
Hello,

Bringing up a subject from April,

There was a discussion about an i386 install failing immediately after

> Subject: Computer hangs after reading the install floppies
> To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
> From: Torsten Sadowski <moehl@akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de>
> List: port-i386
> Date: 04/06/2003 15:44:51
> My new wannabe router hangs immediately after reading both install
> floppies without any error message.
>
> The computer is a Fujitsu-Siemens ProNet S200.
>
> Torsten

I've encountered a similar problem with 1.6 install onto a HP Vectra VE.
Yes, the "boot disk" does get the memory right.
Yes, I've tried a number of different disk sets.

There's a couple of things I find interesting.
1. It happens whether I use the installation cd or boot disks that have
been made.
2. I've made some boot disks from this cd before and had no problems
installing onto another computer.

I'm wondering if there are any suggestions?

r.