Subject: Re: APM and laptops
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/08/2003 17:00:35
On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 09:45:29AM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> This is often a very bad idea -- many laptops have exhaust blower fans,
> and exhaust vents, on the sides, but draw _fresh_ air for cooling through
> the keyboard (or the reverse).  If you leave them running with the lid
> shut, well, the potential consequences are obvious...

Can you name such a laptop?  Sounds like a bad design idea to me - keyboard
is where all dirt falls and you're saying these machines _suck_ the dirt
inside them?  Yikes :)  Blowing hot air to user's fingers doesn't sound too
good, either..  My laptops do not breathe through the keyboard, at least.. :)

  -jm