Subject: Re: intel SE7501BR2 motherboard
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/05/2003 12:10:41
[ On Monday, September 29, 2003 at 13:21:44 (-0500), Frederick Bruckman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: intel SE7501BR2 motherboard
>
> The new driver works fine on that host, but it's broken for some older hardware
> (PR's port-i386/22755, kern/21842).

Does that older hardware (AHA-284x, an ISA card; and ADP-1480, a PCMCIA
card) work fully in NetBSD 1.6?

If it does work in 1.6 then how common, or rare, is that hardware,
especially in current "production" NetBSD systems?  I.e. is it worth
leaving 1.6.2 in the dust w.r.t. almost all newer Adaptec hardware
vs. continuing to support what would seem, in my somewhat limited
experience with older PCs and laptops, to be relatively rare hardware?

Has anyone with that older hardware tested a current release of FreeBSD
to see if the problems are related to the porting of the driver to NetBSD?

--
						Greg A. Woods