Subject: Dell 400sc and NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Floyd Dbird <dbird@language.bin.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/02/2003 16:02:07
Dell has been running some nice deals on the 400sc server.  This is a machine with a Hyperthreading P4, 800Mhz FSB,  Gigabitethernet, and ECC RAM.  For $100 more you can get Ultra 320 SCSI, and no need to pay
the Microsoft tax.  I bought a couple of these systems for about $450 during the last special a couple of weeks ago.  It seems the Ultra SCSI
controller is not supported with 1.6.1 though (it is the LSI chip).  It
is supported with 1.6U, (the newer snapshot on the ftp site would just
reboot).  I am not sure I want to run 1.6U on a production server though.  How hard is it to backport this driver?  If this is not that simple,  can anyone recommend another scsi controller that is supported by 1.6.1 that would work with the Seagate Ultra 320 drive the system shiped with?

Sign up for FREE email from Language Bin at http://language.bin.org/