Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, stevejohnson46@comcast.net>
From: None <collver1@comcast.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/23/2003 16:47:37
On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 06:45:19PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> Well, I would avoid at all costs NVidia video cards. The ATI Radeons are
> just as good if not better at most things, and also have much better driver
> support. True NVidia support requires running current with some hacked in
> binary driver from FreeBSD that is not without side-effects (I've tested it)

If you recommend avoiding NVidia at all costs, there must be a good reason.
What is that reason?

I know NVidia is not forthcoming with specifications, but is ATI any better?
Does X on NetBSD support 3D accelleration any better on ATI than on NVidia?

Just curious,

Ben
--
"May your buffers always be filled on a 4 byte boundary."  --Greg