Subject: Threads on NetBSD
From: Yasir Malik <ymalik@cs.stevens-tech.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/20/2003 09:45:13
Hello,
Does NetBSD support native threads?  I've read in some message boards and
articles that it does and some message boards and articles that it
doesn't.  On my system, I see that I have the GNU pthread package
installed, and it is required by Mozilla, ORBit, gtk, and others.  The man
page for pthread says that the threads are "non-preemptive," meaning that
it is not native.  My system administrator says that NetBSD does support
native threads.  On our NetBSD machines, we don't have the pth package
installed, even though we have programs like Mozilla and gtk installed.
Can someone please clarify?
Thanks.