Subject: Re: pciide: lost interrupt
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <chris@riednet.tu-darmstadt.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/18/2003 16:14:17
On 18-Sep-03 Michael K. Sanders wrote:

> While ripping a CD w/ cdparanoia, the system locked up on the following
> error:

> i_read error: sector=17436 length=13 retry=0
>                 Sense key: 3 ASC: 11 ASCQ: 6
>                 Transport error: Medium reading data from medium
>                 System error: Input/output error

You missed the "scs" on the right end of the previous line, it says "scsi".
I also saw dozens of them yesterday while ripping a very scratched CD with
cdparanoia. It seemed all but impossible to read two particular tracks, I
gave up and stopped the read process then. But there were no lockups.

What does the error mean exactly?

> After a power cycle, something has happened to wd0:

I also did a powercycle during the night, but all seems well.

Bye, Chris

--
          __
         /// Amiga 4000T 040/40                    /~\ The ASCII