Subject: Re: Wireless problems (Linksys WMP11)
To: Brian Stark <bpstark@pacbell.net>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/10/2003 07:47:54
Thanks for sharing your expierence.

I've only recently purchase a WIFI certified Ayava Silver wireless pcmcia card
that, although not listed in the man-pages, works fine with NetBSD-current,
see message log below:

Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: pcmcia1: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: pcmcia1: CIS info: Avaya Communication, Avaya
Wireless PC Card, Version 01.01,
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0x156, product 0x2
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: pcmcia1: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr
3e0 mask 1
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: pcmcia1: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O
card; irq mask ffff; iomask 6, iospace 0-3f; io16 irqpulse irqlevel
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Avaya Communication,
Avaya Wireless PC Card, Version 01.01
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: wi0: 802.11 address 00:02:2d:74:39:50
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: wi0: using Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: wi0: Lucent Firmware: Station (7.28.1)
Sep 10 07:41:38 husky /netbsd: wi0: supported rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps
11Mbps

This card sells for around US$30 on ebay australia.

cheerio Berndt