Subject: Re: Wireless problems (Linksys WMP11)
To: Brian Stark <bpstark@pacbell.net>
From: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/09/2003 11:34:06
Brian,

     I have had tremendous success with the WMP11, version 3.  I'm sure
you could still find some of these cards at an online retailer, but
it might be difficult to be sure you're getting v3 and not v4 even if
the v3 SKU is listed on the site since the retailer might have sold
out of v3's and have forgotten to update the product code.  As usual,
eBay is probably the place to go.

     I found my WMP11v3 at BestBuy about six months ago and I've used it
at school ever since.  It has excellent range even though it's not
one of the more expensive class of wireless PCMCIA cards (like the
Cisco Aironet).  There are no problems with the wi driver and the
WMP11v3.

     Good luck!

--
c v k @ z y b x . c o m