Subject: RE: 3CCFEM656BT
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.org>
From: Baldwin, James <JBaldwin@origin.ea.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/2003 23:14:26
I found the following in the archives:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2001/03/09/0009.html

However, this does not appear to work for this model. After recompiling
-current with the diffs above the system, modified for the appropriate
product id, becomes unusable and the device remains unconfigured. The
system boots, however, any attempt to login fails and a kernel message
is logged:
nsendsig: bad version 0

the device is configured as such in this case:
ex0 at cardbus1 dev 0 function 0: 3Com 3c656bt Ethernet

dmesg output before patch:
3Com Corporation, 3CCFEM656BT, LAN, 0 (manufacturer 0x0, product 0x0)
3Com product 0x6560 (Ethernet network, revision 0x02) at cardbus1 dev 0
function 0 not configured

James Baldwin