Subject: Re: Wireless problems (Linksys WMP11)
To: Brian Stark <bpstark@pacbell.net>
From: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/07/2003 19:53:06
Unfortunately, it seems as though Linksys is using the cheapest chipset
available which is probably not the Intersil Prism 2.5 firmware. I just
bought a Netgear MA401 last week and it works great. There are some
other excellent cards that are not so readily available in computer
stores. These include the Cisco Aironet cards which are driven by the
an(4) driver. Also, the Senao/EnGenius 200 mW cards work quite well but
are quite expensive like the Cisco cards.

I have a Netgear MA301 PCI adapter that you insert a Netgear MA401 into.
It works just fine as well. Cisco also makes a PCI Aironet card. It is
not an adapter but a full PCI card. It is quite expensive though. I
would recommend looking first at the Netgear offerings. I hope it works
out.

Bryan