Subject: pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt and dmamode timed out on CD-RW
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Mica=20Telodico?= <maria_libera2000@yahoo.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/06/2003 23:00:32
--0-1885003718-1062882032=:47463

Hi all, I'm new to NetBSD and I'd like to discover this world , but a bad problem with my CD-RW device stops  me to do this .

Until now I've tried FreeBSD and OpenBSD and I haven't this problem , now , with NetBSD during the installation all seems ok , the system boots , and I can create the new FS , but when comes the time to copy the binaries from the CD to the HD appears this message :

pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt
            type: atapi tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0
pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt
            type: atapi tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0
pciide0:1:0: dmamode timed out

and this repeats continuosly .

The strange thing is that I can install the system by open the CD drive , put the cd again into the drive and restart the copy of the file until the CD is running into the drive , if I wait that the drive stops the CD again and then I start the copy of the files the message appears again . It seems like that the system can't awake the CD-RW from the standby status .

After installing NetBSD I've tried to mount a CD , and happens the same thing that I have just explained.

My system is :

Athlon 2400+
MSI KT4 Ultra (KT400)
LiteON 52x 24x 52x CD-RW
NEC DVD Reader
NetBSD 1.6.1

Thanks for your time

Bye

Marcello

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Mail: 6MB di spazio gratuito, 30MB per i tuoi allegati, l'antivirus, il filtro Anti-spam
--0-1885003718-1062882032=:47463

<DIV>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 ?>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD>
<DIV>Hi all, I'm new to NetBSD and I'd like to discover this world , but a bad problem with my CD-RW device stops&nbsp; me to do this . </DIV>
<DIV><BR>Until now I've tried FreeBSD and OpenBSD and I haven't this problem&nbsp;, now , with NetBSD during the installation all seems ok , the system boots , and I can create the new FS , but when comes the time to copy the binaries from the CD to the HD appears this message :</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; type: atapi tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0</DIV>
<DIV>pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; type: atapi tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0</DIV>
<DIV>pciide0:1:0: dmamode timed out</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>......</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>and this repeats continuosly .</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The strange thing is that I can install the system by open the CD drive , put the cd again into the drive and restart the copy of the file until the CD is running into the drive , if I wait that the drive stops the CD again and then I start the copy of the files the message appears again . It seems like that the system can't awake the CD-RW from the standby status .</DIV>
<DIV><BR>After installing NetBSD I've tried to mount a CD , and happens the same thing that I have just explained.</DIV>
<DIV><BR>My system is :</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Athlon 2400+ </DIV>
<DIV>MSI KT4 Ultra (KT400) </DIV>
<DIV>LiteON 52x 24x 52x CD-RW&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>NEC DVD Reader </DIV>
<DIV>.....</DIV>
<DIV>NetBSD 1.6.1</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>