Subject: EISA ProSignia Install
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <ball@cyberspace.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/04/2003 14:59:09
Is there a particular install kernel or diskette image set
that I should use to install on an EISA machine?  I just
tried my usual 1.6.1 install floppies on a Compaq ProSignia
3081.  I suspect that it uses an EISA SCSI host adaptor
because on boot I got messages about some EISA devices
(CPQ3001, CPQ6101 & CPQ4410) not being configured and the
installer couldn't find a disk.

A quick look through the FAQ and Supported Devices didn't
give me much of a clue.  INSTALL.html seemed to suggest boot
-small.fs for old machines with EISA, but that doesn't seem
to work on this machine either.  Any ideas or pointers would
be welcome.

- Andy Ball