Subject: Re: No support for carbus txp devices?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 09/03/2003 12:03:19
jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU said:
> I started splitting the vr990, but I need more docs from 3com before I
> can support the  brand-new Cardbus card I got.

good luck:-)
Up to now, noone was able to get sufficient information out of 3com
to support TCP cksums completely, or crypto stuff.

> A 3cr990-tx-97 just arrived on my desk for other purposes.  I'll make
> sure the split driver still works with that, then post diffs for
> review (or just to Matthias, if thats more appropriate)

I only have a 3cr990-fx, which is interesting because its media part
was not properly handled by the OpenBSD driver, but certainly not
a widely used card.
Anyway, since the diffs are probably large, but quite straightforward,
it should be sufficient to test with your and my card, and not post
them to a mailing list.

> Anyone seen or heard of docs for 3com's "embedded firewall" family of cards?

Looking at 3com's www site, it is not even obvious for me how much
of the "firewall" functionality is in the card and what's just
windows software.

best regards
Matthias