Subject: Re: Is there a way to boot off of a second disk?
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/19/2003 18:40:05
> Aha! The behavior of fdisk has changed.
>
> Now I can boot into Windows, but not netbsd. I'm getting closer. Perhaps
> if I find some old boot floppies and install the old booting first.

Yep - all changed :-)

If you've a new netbsd install CD, just hit ^C from teh first sysinst screen.
You have fdisk, installboot and disklabel and the required boot files (some
might be in / instead of /usr/mdec, can't remember).

With the new sysinst, you can run through an install without installing
any sets, and without zapping any filesystesm.  If you do that it will
put the correct files in the correct places to make the system bootable.

The versions of fdisk and installboot in sysinst are more friendly to
naive users (non-gurus) than the standard ones!

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk