Subject: Re: RFC: root on raidframe howto
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/07/2003 09:24:32
Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> A better way of doing it is to add a line to the fstab:
> /dev/wd0b   none              dump dp

Fixed.

>># raidctl -s raid0
>>Components:
>>           /dev/wd1a: optimal
>>           /dev/wd9a: failed
>

> After reboot, wd9a won't come as wd9a, but as 'component1'.

Fixed.

>># raidctl -S raid0
>
> As far as I know, raidctl -S doesn't show the progress bar.

Yes it does. I have tried this on 1.6.1 and it works great.
I have updated the draft, please take a look at

http://www.piuha.net/~martti/tmp/raid

And as before, comments are welcome. I have also switched
to the use-multiple-raid-devices configuration as suggested
by Frederick.

I have rebuilt my server from scratch with these instructions
(by copying everything with mouse) and it seems to work just
fine.

Martti